HR Administrator Cover Letter
HR Administrators handle both human resources and administrative duties in an organization. These professionals are responsible for recruiting and hiring staff, and also for managing employee payroll and benefits. Examples of HR Administrator responsibilities include: posting job advertisements, interviewing and testing candidates, administering employee programs, maintaining human resources records, updating job classifications, and taking part in educational opportunities to update their job knowledge.
A well-written cover letter sample for HR Administrator usually showcases the following qualifications:
- Human resources expertise
- Benefits administration
- Interviewing skills
- Supply management
- Business operations knowledge
- Organization and planning
- Teamworking skills
- Effective communication
- Computer competences
The cover letter example for HR Administrator provided below mentions similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive HR Administrator Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Ford:
As a motivated and skilled professional with extensive experience in staff on-boarding, benefits enrollment, and confidential records management, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. You will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value to your organization as your next HR Administrator.
My background in supporting HR staff in diverse functions including recruitment, paperwork, payroll, time sheets, and expense reports has prepared me to make significant contributions to your company. From administering drug testing to potential employees and distributing new-hire packets to maintaining staff-facing correspondence and coding invoices, I excel at performing a wide range of HR and administrative support functions to propel organizational success and stimulate employee satisfaction.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Successfully facilitating the recruitment, on-boarding, and training of staff members while ensuring adherence to corporate policies and procedures to propel efficiency and streamline operations.
- Leveraging outstanding interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational talents to effectively coordinate events and meetings while communicating collaboratively with a variety of teams and departments.
- Performing numerous, competing tasks while optimizing workflow and maximizing productivity within fast-paced environments.
My skills in communication and organization have been finely honed, and my additional strengths in general HR and administrative support will readily translate to your environment. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon. Thank you for your consideration.
Bradley F. Lasley
There are many things I like about this cover letter example for a Human Resources job. I also have some thoughts about how to make it better. Take a look at the letter that Liz wrote, then see my version, which has a few changes.
You might also like:
Liz's First Cover Letter for a Human Resources Job
I am a young lady with a Bachelor degree of Commerce (B.Com – Human Resources) at the University of ** having graduated last spring. I am applying for the position of HR Administrator/Payroll Accountant. Currently I am working with ** as an Assistant Human Resources Officer.Taking initiatives has always been my academic and career focus. I certainly understand responsibility, hold an intense work ethic, possess social skills that can build and maintain relations across and beyond the organization and strive to do my best in any situation to meet corporate objectives.I believe my strength, abilities and skills make me a perfect fit for this job. I am extremely reliable, considerate, personable, and I am comfortable working with all personality types.Thank you for taking the time to review my credentials. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss how my education, practical skills, and background qualify me to be a member of your company.
Please give me a call at 555-555-5555 and/or email me at XX.
My Thoughts About Liz's Sample Cover Letter
What I like best about Liz's cover letter is that it's short and has a natural flow. I feel like I sort of know her after reading it. That’s really nice!
Without going into a lot of detail, here are a few things that I think would improve this cover letter.
- The opening sentence needs a little help. “I am a young lady” sounds old-fashioned and out of place here. I suggest deleting that phrase and reworking the sentence to make a smoother entrance to the rest of the letter.
- The second paragraph has good stuff in it. I think it would be great to break it into bullet points with a short intro sentence at the beginning.
- Don't say that you’re a "perfect fit" for the job. Let them decide that. You could say you’re an "excellent candidate" for the job. It’s a little more humble, yet still confident (in my way of thinking).
Here's what Liz's letter might look like with these suggestions implemented.
Improved Version of Liz's Cover Letter
Having recently earned my Bachelor degree of Commerce (B.Com – Human Resources) at the University of **, I would like to apply for the position of HR Administrator/Payroll Accountant at your firm. Currently I am working with ** as an Assistant Human Resources Officer.Taking initiative has always been my academic and career strength, along with:
- Understanding responsibility.
- Holding an intense work ethic.
- Possessing social skills that build and maintain relations across and beyond the organization.
- Striving to do my best in any situation to meet corporate objectives.
I believe my strengths, abilities and skills make me an excellent candidate for this job. I am extremely reliable, considerate, personable, and I am comfortable working with all personality types.
Thank you for taking the time to review my credentials. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss how my education, practical skills, and background qualify me to be a member of your company.
Please give me a call at 555-555-5555 and/or email me at XX.
Other Cover Letter Samples
Want to see more cover letter examples? Here you go...
You might also want to browse: