Also New to This Edition
- Updated content to reflect the most recent scientific discoveries.
- New AP Preface includes a guide that correlates the text to the current AP Biology Exam, as well as study and test-taking tips for students.
- All new interviews with leading biologists and scientists.
- Updated, modern design makes it more accessible and visually appealing.
- An completely updated Student Media CD-ROM (included with every new Student Edition) allows students with no Internet access to leverage some of the valuable digital tools available for this program.
- Fully revised teacher and student supplements, everything you need to ensure success in class and on the AP Biology Exam.
- Introducing the Active Reading Guide for Campbell BIOLOGY 9e by Fred and Theresa Holtzclaw. Designed to be used side-by-side with the text, the Active Reading Guide helps students easily identify what is most important in each chapter and provides them with the tools to actively reflect on what they’ve learned. Answers will be available in the Instructor Area of MasteringBiology.com.
THE BEST IN SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY
MasteringBiology™—New Online Learning and Assessment Platform
For the first time ever, six-year access to MasteringBiology with Pearson eText is provided upon adoption of the Student Edition. This Web-based, self-study homework and tutorial system is correlated to the text, offering teachers and students a powerful, interactive way to encourage and ensure learning. It provides all the great student and teacher digital assets you are used to accessing on the Campbell Biology Companion Web Site, and so much more. Use as much or as little as you want!
- The Study Area in MasteringBiology includes BioFlix 3-D animations, new activities, practice tests and cumulative tests, and more.
- A complete eText of the Student Edition with powerful interactive and customization functions.
- Personalized coaching and feedback through assignable, self-paced tutorials with answer-specific feedback and hints.
- Large library of exercises in a variety of formats--all calibrated in difficulty and duration and automatically graded. You can build your own course using these questions, or import your own.
- Robust gradebook functionality provides easy-to-interpret insights into student performance—ideal for demonstrating assessment outcomes.
For more information on this powerful tool—including product overview videos, how-to demonstrations, efficacy studies, and much more—visit www.MasteringBiology.comor contact your Pearson sales representative.
Teachers may demo this powerful tool, including the complete eText—by registering for access at www.pearsonschool.com/access_request(choose option 4 and complete the online form).
Helping Students Make Connections Across Biology Campbell BIOLOGY is the unsurpassed leader in introductory biology. The text's hallmark values--accuracy, currency, and passion for teaching and learning--have made it the most successful college introductory biology book for eight consecutive editi...ons. Building on the Key Concepts chapter framework of previous editions, Campbell BIOLOGY, Ninth Edition helps students keep sight of the "big picture" by encouraging them to: Make connections across chapters in the text, from molecules to ecosystems, with new Make Connections Questions Make connections between classroom learning, research breakthroughs, and the real world with new Impact Figures Make connections to the overarching theme of evolution in every chapter with new Evolution sections Make connections at a higher cognitive level through new Summary of Key Concepts Questions and Write About a Theme Questions This is the standalone book if you want the Book with Mastering Biology order the ISBN below: ISBN 0321558146 / 9780321558145 Campbell Biology with MasteringBiology® Package consists of 0321558235 / 9780321558237 Campbell Biology 0321686500 / 9780321686503 MasteringBiology® with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Campbell Biology
Publisher: Benjamin Cummings / PearsonSubjects:
science, life sciences, biology