Round out your job application with a professional cover letter. We have plenty of info about cover letters and how to write your own, but if you are specifically looking to work in Accounting, you’ve come to the right place.
Use this sample as reference for writing your own, or simply replace our information with your own. If, however, you’d rather have it professionally written, let our cover letter builder do the heavy lifting.
Table of Contents
- Entry Level Accounting Cover Letter & Resume (Image)
- Entry Level Accounting Cover Letter (Text Format)
- 5 Tips for Writing a Cover Letter
Entry-Level Accounting Cover Letter & Resume (Image)
The below images show both the Entry-Level Accounting Cover Letter and its corresponding resume. You can download your own for free by clicking the images below.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Entry-Level Accounting Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
Looking for something different? Check out our cover letter collection for more examples.
Entry-Level Accounting Cover Letter (Text Format)
142 Facebook Blvd.
Fargo, ND, 94301 United States
March 21, 2017
Hiring Manager’s Name
341 Company Address
Fargo, ND, 94301
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
My name is Richard Sanchez, and I am a recent accounting graduate with extensive internship experience in preparing invoices, analyzing financial data, and managing payroll at Fortune 500 companies. I found this job posting on LinkedIn and believe I would be a great choice for [Target Company’s] entry-level accounting position.
As an accounting intern at Marriott International, I had the opportunity to put my academic knowledge into practice. Working under skilled junior and senior accountants in a prestigious company allowed me to develop the necessary experience that will help me succeed at [Target Company]. Here are three examples from my resume that highlight my accomplishments at both Marriott International and Potter & Bukowski:
- Helped manage payroll and the registration of employees to Jobs and Pensions service for our 150+ employee branch.
- Reviewed, prepared, and issued bills and invoices from over 300+ clients.
- Helped prepare company debit and credit documents for 4% of our client base.
I think [Target Company’s] efforts to implement ‘strategy-driven’ service offerings are a great direction for the company. With this approach, [Target Company] will have more autonomy in choosing which corporate entities they wish to work with.
I am thrilled at the prospect of working with [Target Company] and would like to come in for an interview as soon as possible. Please contact me at [Phone] or via email at [Email] so we can arrange a meeting. Thank you for your time and consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
5 Tips for Writing a Cover Letter
1. Be Thorough: Your cover letter needs to tell hiring managers your relevant experience, how you found the job, and which position you are applying for.
2. Be Confident: Be confident in your writing. You want to sound knowledgeable and self-assured, mentioning your experiences and why you’re valuable to the firm.
The best way to show you’re interested in a company is to conduct some in-depth research into their initiatives or goals and comment on it in your cover letter.
3. Sound Interested: The best way to show you’re interested in a company is to conduct some in-depth research into their initiatives or goals and comment on it in your cover letter. How can you contribute to these initiatives? Why do you think it’s a good direction for the company to go in?
4. Draw from Your Resume: The use of bullet points in the cover letter changes the overall structure of the text and will grab a hiring manager’s attention. We suggest including three solid work experience achievements from your resume to make a great impression.
5. Be Professional: To conclude your cover letter, be sure to relay your contact details and thank them for their time.
4/12 Milan Ave
Victor Harbour SA 5211
M: 0400 222 333
Dear Sir or Madam
Re: Graduate Accountant position
I am writing to apply for the advertised Graduate Accountant position. I am a recent Bachelor of Commerce graduate with a major in Accounting, seeking the opportunity to implement my knowledge and skills and make a contribution to your organisation.
I have experience in all of the areas encompassed by this role through both work and study, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank account reconciliations, statutory account preparation and tax compliance, including BAS, GST, payroll tax and budgets.
In addition, I bring a wealth of other essential skills and qualities that I have developed through study and various work experience: teamwork and communication, time management, attention to detail, presentation skills, customer service and the ability to meet deadlines.
During my university studies I demonstrated my ability and energy in maintaining accounting-related employment while studying full time. I believe that with my positive attitude and strong work ethic, I would be a great fit for the advertised position.
You will find me to be a positive, motivated and hard-working person who is keen to learn and contribute. Given the opportunity, I would apply myself with enthusiasm to all tasks, ensuring that I get the job done accurately and efficiently.
My resume is attached, and I look forward to being able to discuss the position with you further.