Cover Letter for Presenter
The field of media is very competitive. If you are trying a broadcast news job, you have to be outgoing and present yourself in a flamboyant manner. This is possible if you are drafting an exclusive presenter cover letter.
The cover letter is the first and last opportunity to impress the news director and convince him or her about your credentials. Since it is a glamorous job, you have to demonstrate yourself in the best possible frame and explain what makes you different from others.
Tips to write a presenter cover letter
- When writing the cover letter, assume that you are in an auction trying to bid for your favorite antics. As the product or item always goes to the highest bidder, you must bid yourself on the higher scale. This means you need to show what you are capable of and what worth you will be for the company. Think of your accomplishments and create a sort of assortment through your cover letter for the hiring managers to choose from.
- Do not send the cover letter without naming the person. The old style 'To whomsoever it may concern' is out of fashion today. Call the studio or the office of the news channel to know the name of the person who is there to read the letter. Once the letter is properly addressed, it will go directly to the table of that person.
- As a news presenter is expected to think out-of-the-box, refrain from appearing bland in the introductory paragraph. Apply your creativity and writing skills that can knock on the door of the reader's mind.
- Do not shy away from including the name of the person who has asked you to write or meet the news director for the job. If the person is working with the news channel, it would certainly add advantage to your application since internal references are generally considered.
- The new presenter is expected to have a pleasant voice and a charming personality. Let these vital ingredients flow through your writing. However, ensure that you are not sounding over confident.
- Demonstrate how well you can be for the job. Explain that you know the station and the domestic market very well.
566 Alvarado Street
Fresno, California - 37489
E-mail id: email@example.com
October 01, 2013
Green Chilly Entertainment
Fresno, California - 37489,
Subject: Application for the position of a television news presenter
I have been greatly fascinated by the way your creative team covers an event. It is a treat to watch a news on your channel be it on current affairs, sports, or gossips from the entertainment industry. The wide coverage your company enjoys is truly inspirational for young and enthusiastic presenters like me. It is indeed an honor to sit and write an application to Green Chilly Entertainment for the position of TV News Presenter.
The first quality I believe a presenter must possess is an attractive personality. Equally important is a clear voice and presentation skills. I am fortunate to have both these qualities, and I have honed them during the degree course in broadcasting from California University. In fact, I was the face of the college and have presented many social and college sports events that enhanced my confidence. I can definitely be the face your camera and audience would love to capture and watch.
I can present any types of news in an interesting way to hold TV viewers from changing the channel. Being born and brought up in California, I am familiar with the taste of the audience and know the market quite well. I am confident in interviewing guests from different fields.
I am an outgoing and confident person with excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. I am very flexible to approach, and have the ability to think on my feet. My researching and interviewing skills backed with an inherit quality of remaining clam under pressure would certainly add to the reputation of your station. If we could meet at your convenient time and location, I can demonstrate my abilities to you. I am accessible through a phone call any day and time.
This letter expresses the candidate's confidence for the job and is written in a different way. Use it as an example to create your own cover letter.
Journalism cover letter
View this sample cover letter for journalism, or download the journalist cover letter template in Word.
As a journalist, you know the importance of exceptional writing and storytelling. To be considered for top journalism jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a journalist, or download the journalism cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn more about media careers and editorial careers, as well as look for journalism jobs on Monster.
Journalism cover letter template
Sometown, MA 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Portfolio URL
October 4, 2017
Mr. Chad Dallas
4350 West Ave.
Sometown, MA 55555
Dear Mr. Dallas:
As a journalism and mass communications major at XYZ University preparing to graduate next month, I am eager to launch my career in newspaper journalism. Your news reporter opening advertised on Monster is an excellent match to my qualifications.
While studying at XYZ, I gained experience as a:
- News reporter intern at DEF News, where I wrote news and feature articles of interest to Sometown-area residents.
- Reporter and editor at The Gold Standard (XYZ’s student newspaper), where I earned a “National Pacemaker Award” (considered to be the “Pulitzer Prize” of American college student journalism) for my series on a fraternity hazing.
- Blogger for Somedomain.com, a student-run news website covering the local and national political scene that I co-launched and grew to 7,500 subscribers. In this role, my colleagues and I produced short-form videos as well as long-form features for daily newscasts.
- Sports reporter covering the university’s football and basketball teams for XYZ’s website.
In both classroom and work settings, I earned a reputation as a dedicated journalist with a passion for accurately covering important issues and events, engaging readers and helping fuel positive change.
It would be an honor to report for your award-winning newspaper and work with your talented team of writers and editors. I am confident that my experience publishing and promoting content on social media and delivering on multiple platforms would benefit your newspaper as you move to digital delivery.
You may review my résumé and news clips at somedomain.com. Thank you!
See all sample cover letters on Monster.