Otter Tail Power Company has been a excellent industry partner and not only provides MTI with scholarship support but provides valuable information and guidance for our programs.
A portion of the scholarships will be awarded August 1 to accepted Incoming students who meet the listed criteria, have completed the MTI incoming student online application and provided an online reference between January 1 and June 30. The funds will be applied to the recipient's account for the Fall semester. Scholarship funds are available for SCADA, Power Line, WTT, EUST, and ECM.
Additional scholarships will be awarded in January each year for current student recipients in Power Line and EUST and applied to their account the Spring semester and for ECM, WTT (two-year) and SCADA recipients and applied to their accounts the following Fall semester.
- Applicant must be accepted or currently enrolled as a full-time student in Power Line, EUST, ECM, WTT (2 year), and SCADA programs
- Applicant must maintain a GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Applicant must complete the appropriate MTI online application form during the open application period and provide an online reference if requested to be eligible for this scholarship
- First consideration for scholarship awards will be given to applicants whose hometowns are included in the Otter Tail Power Company service area
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA (universal financial aid application form)
Idaho Consumer Owned Utilities Association
(ICUA) Youth Rally
Prepare your teen for the future!
Your teen can build leadership and team building skills, gain knowledge about the electric industry, learn about cooperatives and industry related careers, while meeting new friends from across the Northwest – at no cost to you!
In 2017, Fall River Electric sponsored six high school students who attended the July Idaho Consumer Owned Utilities Association’s Youth Rally.
Here is our group of students that attended Youth Rally in 2017
Back row from left to right: Roberto Mejia, Member Services Manager Brand Hathaway & Mary Gospodarek
Front row from left to right: Hannah Steele, Kylie Anderson, Haley Ayers & Sophia Sperber
In addition to attending Youth Rally, each of the students representing Fall River were awarded $500 college scholarships courtesy of the owner-members of Fall River Electric.
Mary Gospodarek will return in 2018 to lead the next group of students to attend Youth Rally!
Applications for 2018 now available!
Students that qualify must be junior or seniors in high school at the beginning of the fall 2018 semester, have parents or guardians who are Fall River Electric owner-members, and submit an application with a short essay. The application and essay deadline is April 20, 2018 with student selection in June for students attending our July 9-14, 2018 rally to be held in Treasure Valley (Boise area).
- Students must currently (spring 2018) be in their sophomore or junior year.
- Parents or guardians must be members of and receive power from Fall River Electric Cooperative.
- Students must submit a one to two page essay on a the subject shown on the application form.
- Students must also submit an application (see form below) by a deadline of April 20, 2018.
- Students must attend an interview selection process.
YOUTH RALLY Application Form 2018
For more information, contact Joni Amen at 800-632-5726 during normal business hours 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.