Topics for an Evaluation Essay
An Evaluation Essay calls for a true, unbiased evaluation of a subject based on a set of criteria; writing one means that the student-writer offers their judgment on something – whether it be a book, film, poem, etc.
With a purpose of being fair and critical, this essay requires that the student-writer analyzes the subject completely in order to illustrate their evaluation, which is ultimately the essay’s main argument - a Thesis Statement.
Evaluation Essay Outline
Evaluation Essay Example
Whenever you are working on writing an evaluation essay, you might find it difficult to select a topic that you could freely write about. Check out the list below or contact our writers.
List of Topics for an Evaluation Essay
1. Evaluate a book, one that is appropriate to the course in which the assignment is given, for how it represents and explains the focus of the course.
2. Evaluate a recent romantic movie for how it depicts practices and standards in modern romance.
3. Evaluate a recent horror or adventure film for how it depicts violence.
4. Evaluate a current TV show, like Modern Family, for how it illustrates how people, especially families, live in a 21st century American suburb.
5. Evaluate a comedy for how it illustrates everyday problems that people face.
6. Evaluate a classic romantic movie for what it says about the roles of men and women during the era or decade in which it first appeared.
7. Evaluate a recent comedy for what it says about contemporary society, culture, etc.
8. Compare a recent movie with a classic and evaluate which is a better work of art and film.
9. Evaluate a historical or war film and discuss about whether it helps answer current concerns about war and peace, or about conflict beyond humans.
10. Evaluate a historical film and discuss how it teaches history through drama, setting and dialogue.
11. Evaluate classical music. Explain why it may have been popular or unpopular, successful or unsuccessful.
12. Evaluate how well a movie that is based on a book is true to that book. Be able to judge objectively which is better – the book or the movie.
13. Evaluate a foreign film and discuss what that film says about the culture of that country.
14. Evaluate an actor or actress in several films. Talk about how that actor or actress adapts to different roles. Evaluate what sort of role that person does best.
15. Evaluate a children's film, book or song for what it teaches children, what is says about children, and how it illustrates childhood. Does the film have a positive influence on children? Is that even important? Or are there other, more important kinds of influences on kids?
16. Evaluate the latest version of one’s favorite technological gadget (like an iPhone, computer, etc.). How is it better than the previous one, if it is better than the previous one? What changes mark the most difference?
17. Evaluate the way that communication has changed because of cell phones and other forms of technology. What has changed? Why? Is this good or not for people and for human-to-human interaction? Why so?
18. Evaluate the effectiveness of year-round schools versus schools that have an extended vacation break in the summer months.
19. Evaluate the effectiveness of home-schooling education versus students attending a school to obtain their education.
We are professional researchers who are proud of our work. We have our own anti-plagiarism system for your peace of mind that we only produce high quality original work, and we offer a customer satisfaction guarantee. Contact us today!
Have you got any office in UK or any contact office in UK?
View all questions
Celebrating 10 Years in Business! We offer:
- PhD-level professionals
- On-time delivery guarantee
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% authentic or your money back
- Customer information remains strictly confidential
Outstanding Evaluation Essay Topic Ideas to Choose From
Are you feeling worried because you wish to pick an outstanding topic for your evaluation essay but you don’t know where and how to get one? Are you in need of someone who can guide you pick the appropriate theme for your assignment? All students wish to impress their instructors with original ideas and winning paper. But, sometimes, it is really hard to analyze a subject critically and we are worried about not being able to do well on it. As always, academic homework requires thorough research and dedication. A student won’t be able to accomplish a strong paper if he or she does not have a motivation or an interest to compose it. This form of composition pertains to a paper where the writer expounds something best, better, good or worst relative to another subject. Typically, the reviews of certain books, movies, diners and products are composed in evaluation style. Meanwhile, commentators in sports matches make use of an evaluative tone.
If you are adept at composing a winning paper, then, you have to divide your topic into easy categories. You may pick a niche between the following:
- Social norms and culture
- Education and sports
- Theories and policies
- Plays, books and movies
- Physical places and restaurants
You can consider the following ideas in picking your topic to write an essay that aims to evaluate:
- PC games among teenagers versus the popularity of Android games in 2015
- Water resources worldwide and their usage
- The performance of a specific team at a championship as compared to what they’re expected from the professionals.
- Helicopter parenting
- Evaluate the trend of junk food diners
- The content of a TV show and if this is good or bad for a specific age group to watch this program
- Evaluate technological advancements over the past decade
- Iraq War and how this affect the economy and the impression of USA as a nation
- Which one is better: watching a sport match at a bar or at home? Why?
- Evaluate sedatives and stress relieving herbs
- The fans of a famous celebrity during his or her live show. How they behave and what should you expect from them.
- Single parents
- The authority of parents over children
- Why is Obama considered the most renowned leader in the globe nowadays?
- Free range parenting
As you can see, there are a great number of useful, informative and interesting topics to write about and evaluate. Always make sure that you choose the one that is relevant and latest news which people find engrossing in today’s modern world.
Looking for custom essay writing service? Visit our site - 24/7.