Do you have a hard time with your confidence? Is your social life and career affected by a lack of confidence? Here are a few tips that will help you get back on your feet in no time…
- Look for a model (someone who has self confidence) and learn from them. What is it they do that makes them confident, how do they act? Often if you act confidently you will feel more self assured. Sometimes a smile is all you need but there are many other steps you can take to feel more relaxed in any given situation.
- Focus on your achievements rather than on your failures. If you do find yourself thinking about how you failed then look at what you
managed to do right and how you could improve the outcome the next time. This change in attitude makes you more positive and that outlook will change how you cope with all the challenges you face.
- Learn how to feel good about yourself – there are always things to feel good about!
- Act as if you were self confident! You will feel more confident and learn to be more assertive – fake it until you make it!
- Focus on who you are and what you like about yourself. Why do your friends like you?
- Prepare thoroughly for any task so that you can be sure you are ready. Knowing that you have prepared well will make you better able to cope with anything that may come up, naturally making you feel more comfortable and confident.
- Work on any skills you need to do what you want, you can never be over trained or over skilled for any challenge in life.
- Work on your relaxation skills. When you come to challenging and difficult moments relaxing will enable you to control your negative emotions and project more positive ones. Breathing is one aspect of this that is so important because controlling your breathing controls your body’s reactions to what’s going on around you.
- Always smile and stand up straight. Your posture and smile will project confidence and you will feel better able to cope with anything. You will also find that others respond to you better and this will give you an added boost.
- Set reachable goals for yourself and break difficult tasks into smaller steps. You will be able to believe that you can achieve your larger goals if you can see the clear steps towards it and know
that you can be successful by taking these smaller steps.
- Reward yourself when you succeed no matter how small the achievement. Remind yourself that you are moving forward with determination and that you are one step closer to achieving your goal. Give yourself credit.
- Finally, I advise you not to be too competitive or compare yourself with others. Be yourself and accept that life is not a race against others. Your self confidence depends on you and your personal needs. Set your own standards and allow yourself to overcome challenges at your own pace.
Go grab this FREE CD – “A More Confident You“, which includes 60 minutes of my top tips and advice!
What else can you do to improve your self confidence?
There are so many sources of self help!
Use any tools available to you to improve your performance. These include but are not limited to books, courses, seminars, videos and information available on the internet. Try using a journal to plot your successes as they occur. When things don’t go as you planned, note down what you think went wrong and how you want to improve next time. It is so important that you write these down and begin to focus on improvement and achievement no matter how small. You can learn to become confident, I promise – so start today!
Want to talk to someone?
If you’re suffering from low self esteem or low confidence, it can be extremely helpful to talk to a professional. Now, with online counseling, you can get help from the comfort of your home and while protecting your anonymity. Try it out now and get 25% off your first session!
What Is Your Biggest Obstacle to More Self Confidence?
Your thinking. Negative thinking to be exact. If you always think negatively you will be more easily put off by what happens to you or by what others tell you. Please Check this page for how to end negative thoughts and I’m sure that if you follow this advice your life will be much more enjoyable!
One way to change your thinking is to read inspirational quotes and go looking each day for words that help you to believe in yourself. There are plenty of wonderful examples of suitable quotes online and off. Repeating these quotes out load can turn them into affirmations which help you to change your beliefs and way of thinking. Putting quotes in a place where you can read them often can also be helpful too and this is why you so often see motivational posters in companies all over the world. Words are inspiring.
Do You Have a Problem with Self Consciousness?
This problem can stop you dead in your tracks and cause you to panic. Self consciousness will prevent you from being confident and it is so important to beat this problem. I suggest you read more about self consciousness here.
Did you Like this Page?
Learn how to develop your self confidence by following the tips from this site and Build your Self Confidence by Uncommon Knowledge – quick, easy and guaranteed to help you build your confidence. These courses were prepared by experienced psychologists and having tried them myself, I give them my full recommendation! You will notice the small differences as they happen. Persevere and don’t expect everything at once.
Beating low self esteem is a wonderful thing, and it’s much easier than you’d imagine. The life you’ve been dreaming of is within your reach…
Positivity Blog – Top 24 Tips for Making your Confidence Soar
SheKnows.com – Boost your Self-Confidence
Launch Teen Ink Chat
Chat with other Teen Ink's chat is available to Teen Ink members only. If you're aged 13-19, please sign up or log in.
Teen Ink members
How To Love Yourself
March 26, 2012
1. Don’t be afraid to splurge on yourself every once in a while. Yes, I understand that with an economy like today, many people cannot afford to. I’m not saying that you should invest a large amount of money; a simple treat to an ice cream cone will do. Let your body release the stress and tension. The last thing you want piled up is stress. By making small purchases, you are rewarding yourself for your work and it’s guaranteed to make you feel prouder and better about yourself.
2. Give yourself a little pat on the back. Tell yourself, “good job”. The best thing you can do for yourself mentally is self-encouragement. If there’s anyone out there you need support from, it’s you. Believe it or not, your thoughts and opinions of yourself are stronger than what anyone else in the world has to say. What you tell yourself is what you believe. And to be honest, many of us are very harsh on ourselves. It’s good to push yourself to work harder, but you should also take the time to give yourself compliments too. You deserve to take pride in what you’ve accomplished!
3. Forgive yourself. It’s one of the hardest things for us to do. We hold in past mistakes and use it as an excuse to hate ourselves more. It’s time to let that go. Only you can take away dark memories from your mind and replace them with brighter ones. If you continue to hold such mistakes against you, you won’t have any room in your heart to fill in with self-love. Those memories are dark for a reason; why waste space with something that only emotionally hurts you in the end?
4. Take the time to remind yourself that you are the best at being you. Before one of my best friends passed away, he used to tell me all the time, “You are the best at being you. No one could every replace that. And without you, this world would be a darker place.” This is all true for every single one of you. You were placed here with a purpose in this world. You are an original that can never be replaced. There isn’t a single person in this world that could come remotely close to who you are. Embrace your individuality; you are loved for being you. You should love yourself for the same reason too.
5. Look in the mirror. This seems like such an easy task, but many people can’t even look at themselves in the mirror and tell themselves that they’re beautiful or handsome. It’s heartbreaking to see what society has done to people: making them believe that stick-skinny, acne-free, and tall are the only type of beautiful. These types of people are beautiful indeed, but the definition of beauty is not just limited to that. Look in the mirror. You are part of that definition too. Are you smiling? Good, you deserve to.
Life can be very stressful for every single person at some point in their lives, but that doesn’t mean we should leave out time to love ourselves. Every single one of you deserves to live knowing that you are all special. So don’t ever tell yourself that you are anything less than important. Instead, make your life brighter. It all starts with showering yourself with love. Embrace yourself. Love yourself. And stay beautiful!!