Gym Receptionist Cover Letter
Gym Receptionists are found at the front desk area of gyms greeting clients and answering to their inquiries. These employees are also responsible for a variety of clerical duties. Examples of Gym Receptionist activities include: monitoring access to the building, selling gym subscriptions, collecting payments, providing information to new members, handling the correspondence, preparing exercise charts, maintaining schedules, and maintaining the reception area clean and organized.
Based on our collection of example cover letters for Gym Receptionist, essential qualifications and abilities include:
- An interest in fitness and sports
- Customer service orientation
- A friendly personality and a professional appearance
- Attention to details
- Good numeracy skills
- Effective communication
- Computer competences
- Availability for work in shifts
Below is provided a sample cover letter for Gym Receptionist highlighting similar skills and abilities needed for the job.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Gym Receptionist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Ambrose:
If you are looking for a friendly and motivated Gym Receptionist to join your team at Body Over Matter, I invite you to consider the enclosed resume. As an enthusiastic and customer-centric team player with excellent experience in front desk operations and client support, I am prepared to substantially contribute to your athletic facility’s goals and ensure top-notch member experiences.
My background includes providing comprehensive front desk support—including welcoming current members, providing tours to potential new members, maintaining clean reception areas, and responding effectively and professionally to inquiries and complaints. From handling multi-line phone systems and processing customer payments to scheduling private appointments and providing outstanding member service, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with peers and management teams, and encouraging effective communication and organizational procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Creating a welcoming and inviting atmosphere for all members and visitors while promoting gym offerings and services as a Receptionist for No Body Left Behind in Wellington, TX.
- Screening and directing inbound calls, managing calendars, scheduling trainer shifts, and maintaining reception areas including furniture, lighting, and gym brochures.
- Effectively responding to and resolving escalated and/or delicate member issues including special needs, requests, or complaints.
- Providing consistently outstanding member service, leading to high levels of loyalty and referral business.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while demonstrating top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
My abilities in general administration and reception within busy athletic facilities position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will make me a strong asset to your team. The chance to discuss this opportunity in more detail would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Stella R. Ross
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoodLife Fitness (Toronto, ON) in January-2018.
First they do a phone interview. It’s very easy and they just ask you general questions. Then you get called in for your first face to face interview. They ask you to pick 3 cards from a deck, that has different company values, and explain to them why those values are important to you. Then they ask why you wanna be a personal trainer and how you came to like fitness. They ask you how you would sell packages and find new clients. Lastly they ask you about different muscle groups and what exercises work those muscle groups. Then the interview ends, and if they like you they call you in for a 2nd face to face interview. In this interview you’re sent a case study ahead of time, and you need to create a 60 minute personal training session for the client they tell you about in the case study, and do the session with the fitness manager.